We have finalised our Kids Korner activity program for the coming Queensland Easter School holidays. We will be offering three days of sewing fun and excitement for a maximum of 6 participants. Attached are the projects planned and obviously whether all are undertaken will be determined on how each child progresses within the time permitted. There is always next holidays hey!!!!
Who is this aimed at?
Primarily our “hands on” program is designed for children who have not sewn, or sewn much before. We start at the beginning with the basics and give the children a foundation to expand their love of sewing. It is suitable for both boys and girls who are aged 8 years or older.
When will it happen?
This program will run during 2nd week of Queensland’s Easter school holiday period.
Dates: Tuesday 16th April to Thursday 18th April inclusive
Times: 9am to 3pm daily
What will the program entail?
The program will consist of a number of facilitated sessions that will inspire creativity and build life-long basic skills all while having fun at the same time!
In this program you will learn:
- about the various parts of a sewing machine and understand what they do
- to set up a sewing machine and prepare the threads ready to start sewing
- the uses of the various machine feet and other accessories
- to stitch straight lines and curves and adjust stitch types for various uses
- to sew and finish seams and hems
- to make a variety of simple projects (time permitting) like pillow case, a groovy wildflower Meadow Hedgehog Bag and a mid-riff top as an extra for our secondary school students.
In this program you will develop a set of sewing machine skills and knowledge. This will give you the confidence to use a sewing machine and to attempt, what you would have considered previously, more ambitious projects.
Note to Parents/Guardians:
· Children should always be supervised when using a sewing machine. This program does not negate the need for adult supervision.
· RSLC Directors, facilitators and volunteers are current holders of a Queensland Working with Children Blue Card.
What to bring:
- An inquisitive mind, have a go attitude and a friendly disposition
- snacks, lunch and a bottle of water
What to wear:
Closed in shoes and casual clothing
How many will be in the class?
Our small class numbers (maximum 6 students) will allow our facilitators to give each student lots of personalised attention.
Where will this “hands on” program be held?
Training Studio of our boutique Ripley Sewing Learning Centre located at 27 Ribbonwood Street, Ripley.
Do I need to bring a sewing machine?
Absolutely not as Ripley Sewing Learning Centre will provide a serviced and maintained sewing machine for your use during the activities. We will also have available all necessary items needed to complete these projects including fabric from our project stash.
How much will it cost?
We are asking for a contribution of $50.00 per student which will cover the whole three days of activities for this Easter Holiday program.
More information / Expression of Interest: Contact Ripley Sewing Learning Centre on M: 0419 948 452 or E: email@example.com